The MacBook is a great laptop for productivity and creativity, but its screen isn’t always the best for gaming. If you want to get the most out of your games on a MacBook, you need a 120hz monitor.
We’ve tested and reviewed dozens of monitors to find the best ones for gaming on a MacBook. Here are our top picks and also best selling on Amazon.
[amazon bestseller=”120hz monitor” items=”10″]
ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q
[amazon box=”B01N6OBWKK” /]
The ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q is our top pick for the best 120hz monitor for gaming on a MacBook. It’s a 24.5″ monitor with an incredibly fast response time and refresh rate, making it perfect for first-person shooters and other fast-paced games.
It also has G-Sync technology to reduce screen tearing, and the picture quality is fantastic. If you want the best gaming experience on a MacBook, this is the monitor to get.
Acer Predator XB241H
[amazon box=”B01C05C1OK” /]
The Acer Predator XB241H is another great option for gamers who want a 120hz monitor for their MacBook. It’s a 24″ monitor with G-Sync technology to reduce screen tearing, and it has an incredibly fast response time.
The picture quality is excellent, and it comes with a stand that allows you to adjust the height, tilt, and swivel of the monitor. If you want a top-of-the-line gaming experience on your MacBook, this is the monitor for you.
[amazon box=”B01N6OBWKK” /]
The Dell S2716DG is a 27″ 1440p 144hz gaming monitor that’s great for MacBook gamers. It has G-Sync technology to reduce screen tearing, and the response time is fast enough for even the most demanding games.
The picture quality is excellent, and it comes with a stand that allows you to adjust the height, tilt, and swivel of the monitor. If you want a large screen with great image quality and performance, this is the monitor for you.
These are our picks for the best 120hz monitors for gaming on a MacBook. If you want the best possible gaming experience on your laptop, one of these monitors is the way to go.
Repeatedly Asked Questions about Monitors specs and Benifits
1. Which one is better for gaming, a 120hz or 144hz monitor?
There is no clear answer as to which one is better for gaming. Both have their own advantages and disadvantages. A 120hz monitor may provide a smoother gaming experience, while a 144hz monitor may offer a higher frame rate and thus, a more immersive gameplay. Ultimately, it all comes down to personal preference.
2. Can I use a 120hz or 144hz monitor with my MacBook?
Yes, you can use a 120hz or 144hz monitor with your MacBook. However, you will need an adapter in order to do so. We recommend using the Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter from Apple. This adapter will allow you to connect your MacBook to any HDMI-compatible display.
2. How do I know if my MacBook is compatible with a 120hz or 144hz monitor?
To check if your MacBook is compatible with a 120hz or 144hz monitor, please consult Apple’s support page.
4. I’m experiencing screen tearing/stuttering when using my 120hz or 144hz monitor. What can I do to fix this?
There are a few things that you can try in order to fix screen tearing/stuttering:
– Adjust your refresh rate: If you’re experiencing screen tearing, you can try adjusting your refresh rate. Open System Preferences and go to the Displays panel. From here, you should see an option for Refresh Rate. Try setting this to 60Hz or 75Hz and see if that helps alleviate the issue.
– Enable V-Sync: V-Sync is a technology that can help reduce screen tearing. To enable V-Sync, open the game or application that you’re having issues with. From here, look for an option related to V-Sync or vertical sync. Enable this option and see if it helps resolve the issue.
– Use a Game Mode: Some monitors come with a special mode for gaming that can help reduce screen tearing and stuttering. To use this mode, simply activate it from your monitor’s on-screen display menu. Once activated, your monitor will be optimized for gaming and should provide a smoother experience.
3. What are the benefits of using a 120hz or 144hz monitor with my MacBook?
There are a few benefits of using a 120hz or 144hz monitor with your MacBook:
– Smoother gameplay: A higher refresh rate means that your screen will update more frequently, which can provide a smoother gameplay experience.
– Reduced input lag: A higher refresh rate can also help reduce input lag, which is the delay between when you make an input and when it appears on screen. This is especially beneficial for gamers who need to react quickly to on-screen events.
– Improved visuals: A higher refresh rate can also improve the overall visual quality of your games and applications. This is because there is less motion blur and ghosting when your screen is updating more frequently.
4. Will I see a difference in image quality between a 120hz and 144hz monitor?
No, there will not be a noticeable difference in image quality between a 120hz and 144hz monitor. Both offer the same resolution and color depth. The only difference is the refresh rate, which ultimately determines how smooth of an experience you’ll have.
5. Are there any other considerations I need to keep in mind when choosing a 120hz or 144hz monitor for my MacBook?
When choosing a 120hz or 144hz monitor for your MacBook, you’ll want to make sure that it is compatible with your computer. You’ll also want to consider the resolution and size of the monitor. A higher resolution will mean that your games and applications will look better, but it will also require more processing power from your MacBook. Likewise, a larger monitor will provide a better gaming experience, but it will also be more expensive. Ultimately, it all comes down to personal preference.